"Its a regular April mrng...regular day....regular ppl....going on to do their regular work....in their regular manner.... The only thing that is not regular on that day is that it is rainin cats n dogs that day....
And I got stuck with this damn broken auto on the main road.... The driver went to find a mechanic leaving me n my frend Rahul to watch over the auto.... Today is a very big day for me... I glanced at my watch and it shows 920 am... Gawd!! I have to be there in another 10 minutes or Sujatha will rip my heart out like an angry lioness that she is.... She always likes to take a dig at me whneva she cud.... But its a different ball game altogether today....
It is all because of Nirmala today.... If she had woke me up today before she left, this would not have happened.... and its bad luck from then onward.... I failed to get into the bus.... But I got lucky and Rahul offered me lift in his auto.... But that happiness too is short lived.... here we are on the road, about 3 kilometers and about 7-ish minutes away from my destination and deadline with the raining pouring down as if some one up there has opened the dam gates...
The clock is ticking.... I had to make a decision right now.... Either I go for it or give up.... and as i'm thinking of the possibilities i didn't even like the second option.... So, i have decided to go for it.... So, I got down the auto and started to run...
'Don't go Gopi....' shouted Rahul whom i ignored.... Well he doesn't know the gravity of the situation.... I continued running....
Many things flashed before my eyes.... what would happen if i didn't make it.... Dad is going to be hugely disappointed.... Though he doesn't say anything to me directly.... So does Nirmala.... She is a nice lady and has many hopes on me.... Sujatha will also be disappointed... but unlike others, she will definitely show it on my face....Also that buggar Ramu who is always ready to humiliate me in front of the fairer sex whenever he gets a chance....
And what would happen to me and my confidence.... No... i don't want to think about it.... Aah this roads are jammed.... I cant run and these stupid cars are spraying the water on me....Every1 is looking at me differently... Of course the do.... they don't know wat today is... I hope my bag pack is not drenched.... The guy who sold said that it is water proof... Lets c... Gawd why does this happen to me.... These ppl in their cars are laughing at me.... Sure you buggars.... Come out and have a taste of the outside weather.... you'll come to know.... even i used to laugh ppl who are drenched in rain when i was travelling in a car.... Cant blame them....
No no i shud stay focused on my target....shudn't lose my focus....shud remember wat to do today.... c'mon man move your frickkin auto outta my way....
Aah i can c the building now....My heart is racing as i approached my destination....After i entered the gate, I looked at my watch and my heart sank.... Twas 950.... I'm 20 minutes late.... Sujatha would kill me....Every worst thing i thought would happen will surely happen....I dunno wat to do.... Unwillingly, I started mounting the stairs...."
Meanwhile inside the building Nirmala and Sujatha were pacing here and there not knowing wat to do....
As soon as Nirmala got the call about Gopi, She came there.... She has a gut feeling that its the only place he would go.... Both Nirmala and Sujatha were very tensed.... Just about then, they heard some foot steps on the stairs approaching them....and a minute later he emerged from the steps drenched in rain.... Gopal is here....
Seeing Nirmala there, Gopi ran to her hugged her and started crying...."Sor--ry mom--my i did not com--aa for the exam on--nn time...Auto -aa stopped in the middle-aa-....I ran-nn as fast as i could...."
Hearing to this, Sujatha n Nirmala burst out laughing....
Sujatha, the 1st class teacher said "Don't worry beta,i will give you another chance to write your mathematics exam..." and let out a sharp laugh...
Nirmala, wiping tears form her eyes firmly said "Don't you dare to do this kind of things ever again...." and smiled....
Gopi also smiled sheepishly not knowing wat was happening around him and why every body in his skool is laughing....
And I got stuck with this damn broken auto on the main road.... The driver went to find a mechanic leaving me n my frend Rahul to watch over the auto.... Today is a very big day for me... I glanced at my watch and it shows 920 am... Gawd!! I have to be there in another 10 minutes or Sujatha will rip my heart out like an angry lioness that she is.... She always likes to take a dig at me whneva she cud.... But its a different ball game altogether today....
It is all because of Nirmala today.... If she had woke me up today before she left, this would not have happened.... and its bad luck from then onward.... I failed to get into the bus.... But I got lucky and Rahul offered me lift in his auto.... But that happiness too is short lived.... here we are on the road, about 3 kilometers and about 7-ish minutes away from my destination and deadline with the raining pouring down as if some one up there has opened the dam gates...
'Don't go Gopi....' shouted Rahul whom i ignored.... Well he doesn't know the gravity of the situation.... I continued running....
Many things flashed before my eyes.... what would happen if i didn't make it.... Dad is going to be hugely disappointed.... Though he doesn't say anything to me directly.... So does Nirmala.... She is a nice lady and has many hopes on me.... Sujatha will also be disappointed... but unlike others, she will definitely show it on my face....Also that buggar Ramu who is always ready to humiliate me in front of the fairer sex whenever he gets a chance....
And what would happen to me and my confidence.... No... i don't want to think about it.... Aah this roads are jammed.... I cant run and these stupid cars are spraying the water on me....Every1 is looking at me differently... Of course the do.... they don't know wat today is... I hope my bag pack is not drenched.... The guy who sold said that it is water proof... Lets c... Gawd why does this happen to me.... These ppl in their cars are laughing at me.... Sure you buggars.... Come out and have a taste of the outside weather.... you'll come to know.... even i used to laugh ppl who are drenched in rain when i was travelling in a car.... Cant blame them....
No no i shud stay focused on my target....shudn't lose my focus....shud remember wat to do today.... c'mon man move your frickkin auto outta my way....
Aah i can c the building now....My heart is racing as i approached my destination....After i entered the gate, I looked at my watch and my heart sank.... Twas 950.... I'm 20 minutes late.... Sujatha would kill me....Every worst thing i thought would happen will surely happen....I dunno wat to do.... Unwillingly, I started mounting the stairs...."
Meanwhile inside the building Nirmala and Sujatha were pacing here and there not knowing wat to do....
As soon as Nirmala got the call about Gopi, She came there.... She has a gut feeling that its the only place he would go.... Both Nirmala and Sujatha were very tensed.... Just about then, they heard some foot steps on the stairs approaching them....and a minute later he emerged from the steps drenched in rain.... Gopal is here....
Seeing Nirmala there, Gopi ran to her hugged her and started crying...."Sor--ry mom--my i did not com--aa for the exam on--nn time...Auto -aa stopped in the middle-aa-....I ran-nn as fast as i could...."
Hearing to this, Sujatha n Nirmala burst out laughing....
Sujatha, the 1st class teacher said "Don't worry beta,i will give you another chance to write your mathematics exam..." and let out a sharp laugh...
Nirmala, wiping tears form her eyes firmly said "Don't you dare to do this kind of things ever again...." and smiled....
Gopi also smiled sheepishly not knowing wat was happening around him and why every body in his skool is laughing....
This Ladies and gentleman is one day in the life of Gopal Krishna, Studying 1st class in St. Josephs School in Hyderabad...
--
Pavan

Got me reading till the last line to find who the characters are, gripping narration, well disguised . . . Ali in desamuduru types :-P
ReplyDeletehehe gud 1 :D
ReplyDeleteBaavundi ra!!! ala everest meedaki pattukelo tosesav kadaraa......
ReplyDeletehahahaa.. 1st std boy also has feelings like "Sujatha will rip my heart out like an angry lioness that she is".. suspense was well maintained till the last para.. liked it.. :D good going..
ReplyDelete